I'm super excited!!! Only 2 more days of working at IHC and then I start my job at the University on Tuesday. I can't wait!
I am, however, interested in seeing how this is going to effect my cooking. I haven't had a full time job working away from home in a long time. With working from home, sometimes I'd take my 15 minute break or a 5 minute break or whatever and use that time to throw something in the oven or in someway prepare for dinner that night. Crockpot meals are good, but I get a little anal about not being home to check on them... so we'll see how it goes.
Got some more meatless meals for you though.
Spicy Kale Lasagna - I am a big fan of Annie's Eats. The only problem is that a lot of her recipes are labor intensive and contain a lot of ingredients. If you put forth the effort, it's usually worth it, but most of the time I don't want to put forth the effort. This meal came together quick and easy and I really liked it. Next time, I will probably make 2 pans of this and let what we don't eat cool and firm up to be wrapped in individual portions in foil and put in the freezer for quick meals or lunches later. Justin and I got about 5 meals out of 1 pan. Two changes, I only used 2 cups of cottage cheese because I thought that 4 was way too much. I also used the cheese I had on hand, which was Colby. I really don't understand how people buy so many different cheeses, they're so expensive! It also might be nice to add some zucchini or some other vegetables in, but it was filling and good as is.
Roasted Zucchini Pasta - This was REALLY good and a big hit with Justin. I think in the summer some added tomatoes would be nice, but besides that I wouldn't change a thing. It makes a lot so be prepared to love your leftovers. It tasted even better the next day! This site has quite a few meatless meals that look rather tasty.
Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes - So I have to say... I didn't like this meal. The only reason I'm putting it up here is because Justin LOVED it. He said it was up there with the best things I've made... I thought the spaghetti squash was too much work, and I also didn't like the texture. I'm going to try the same ingredients again, only with regular pasta instead and I'm sure that will work out better. As a side note, the chicken I made to go with this was actually really good. I'm still planning on going mostly meatless, but its nice to know I'm not as limited in my choices... for now at least. Who knows how I'll feel tomorrow.
Look to the sidebar to see what I've got coming up. You might see something that you'll wanna try!
Colorado 2019!
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment