Friday, October 7, 2011

1 year

A year ago today, Justin and I went on our first date and 3 days later, we decided to be exclusive so October 10 is our official anniversary.

Techinically, I met Justin at a party down in Utah Valley sometime in September 2010 with the group of atheists/struggling Mormons/etc.  I remember walking in the kitchen to get a drink and Justin was standing on the other side of the counter.  He looked right at me and I smiled, but he didn't respond so I imagine he must have been thinking about something.  I thought he was gorgeous and to this day, still think that Justin is the most attractive man I've ever met in real life.  He was WAY out of my league.  I was also at the party with another boy so I didn't actually talk to him.
About 2 weeks later, I had told the other boy I wasn't interested and had decided that I was done dating for awhile having dated 4 boys in the last 2 months, 3 of which belonged to this group.  The beginning of October, Justin, having a lot of mutual friends with me, added me on facebook.  We had a brief conversation one night, but I didn't think much of it.  A couple of days later, I got a message from him asking me if I wanted to hang out that night.  I was training for a 10k and going running with my dad so I asked for a rain check and he asked for my number. 
The next day, October 7, he sent me a text asking me if I was going to be running that night too.  I said no and he told me he'd come up to Salt Lake to pick me up.  I was pretty nervous since I'd never ACTUALLY talked to him in person, but I was really excited too.  That night, he came and picked me up and couldn't find my brother's condo.  I walked out front to where he was and he walked towards me and gave me a hug.  He was wearing this black argyle sweater and his glasses.  He was adorable.
We went downtown to the gateway, did a little shopping/looking around, ate dinner at Edo Japan (my choice! yum!), and then went and saw the movie Easy A.  Afterwards, we went to Murray Park, walked around and talked until we eventually got kicked out by the police for being in the park after 10:00.  I REALLY liked him.  He drove me home and told me he'd text me the next day.
The next day Justin texted me as promised and I was having a pretty busy morning.  My brother's friends were getting married and he had forgotten something at home so I had to run down to Salt Lake to give it to him and to be honest, I didn't want to appear too eager.  Eventually, I got a 2nd text from him saying something like, "Amy, I'm going to kick your butt.  Answer me!"  Haha - so I replied back that it had been a busy morning, but that I was wondering if he wanted to get together again that night.  I went down to Orem to see him and we watched a movie.  I had my 10k the next day so it was pretty silly of me to go down there that night, but I did and I'm SO glad I did.  He kissed me - and it was a really good night.
The next morning when I got to Thanksgiving Point for my 10k, I had a text on my phone from Justin that say, "Try not to die, I'm getting rather fond of you."  Haha.
On Sunday, we decided to go hiking to Stewart Falls and on the way up there we had a DTR.  We both weren't necessarily looking for a serious relationship, but neither one of us wanted the other person to be seeing other people.  Kind of a funny situation, but it appeared that both of us were hooked.  We ended up skipping on Stewart Falls because it was too cold and just headed back to Justin's place.  A couple of days later we did end up going to Stewart Falls and Justin made me climb all over the place.  It was pretty scary, but he was impressed with how I handled the whole thing.  While we were up there on the falls, he told me that he was falling in love with me.  It all happened very fast and I didn't say it back at the time.  It took me about 2 more weeks to let him know how I was feeling.

And now, here we are a year later.  It seems like this happened yesterday, but it also feels like a lifetime away.
I pretty much love that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment