Thursday, October 20, 2011

For YaY!

I already changed this on Fb, so some of you know - but I thought I'd make it blogger official.  As on November 1, I will be working at the University of Utah at the John Moran Eye Center.  I'm going to be a Medical Secretary working for 2 pediatric ophthalmologists.  As a Medical Secretary, I'll be doing transcription for these 2 doctors, as well as answering phones, arranging travel plans, and other secretarial duties.
I am so excited.
In some ways I'm really sad to leave IHC.  I've made a lot of friends there.  Funny to say that I've made a lot of friends when I work from home with only my computer to talk to.  Whenever we stumble upon a word we can't understand or a word we don't know, we can IM another work-at-home transcriptionist to help us out, which usually leads to us complaining about that particular doctor and sometimes, an actual conversation - which leads to Fb friendships and etc., etc., etc.  Even in my secluded environment, I managed to find wonderful friends who love me and accept me for who I really am.  I'm REALLY hoping I won't lose this.
On the other hand, IHC as a whole is not the greatest company to work for.  Most of their staff is underpaid and overworked.  In the medical transcription department, we're paid on production.  So that means that you can work for 8 hours straight, but if it was a particularly rough day or there were technical difficulties, etc., you ate that time and money.  You have a whole slew of doctors that get frustrated at you for their own mistakes and supervisors who try to advocate for you, but their higher-ups aren't listening and the doctors... well, most people know how doctors are.
I'm also excited to wake up every day and get ready, make myself presentable for the world.  Justin and I went to Maurices and bought me a whole new professional wardrobe - and I'm going to be stylin.  I'm excited to be working with real people and interacting on a face to face basis with supervisors and bosses.  I know that this will bring its own set of problems, but I also know it will bring its own advantages.
I am ready to move on.
November 1, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Woot Woot!! That' a new job and a new opportunity and a new adventure!! You're going to be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete