Monday, July 25, 2011

I believe I can fly...

So I got back from Flaming Gorge on Saturday night, took about a day to recover and now for the report. I unfortunately forgot my camera, so there are no pictures, but we do have one video, soooo... I'll either post that here or on fb for all of y'all's enjoyment.

The trip was mostly uneventful. The water was pretty high so I didn't really feel the stinging slap of the water like last year. I do have a small bruise on the back of my leg from a slightly blotched landing, but nothing like the knee to bum bruise I had last year from going in slightly sideways... :-D I jumped off the 3rd to highest cliff this year, and it only took me about a minute (once standing up there) to get the courage to do so.

Justin, however, decided to be crazy like my big bro and jump of the "Big Dog" It's got to be at least 30 feet or so. I had never seen my brother jump off this cliff before so I was pretty nervous, but he did it and landed perfectly. After about 5 minutes, Justin decided that he wanted to jump too. Eric was really excited because no one else has ever taken this jump besides him. I was a nervous wreck. I knew Eric had done it before so while I was nervous, I was confident that he could do it. Justin on the other hand... I was terrified. I kept telling him not to do it, but could tell he really wanted to. Finally, I said - if you want to do it, I'm not going to stop you. He said - Well I'm not feeling very much support. I want you to say you want me to do it. And so... I said - Okay, fine. I want you to do it. (Very sarcastically) So Justin went over there with Eric and his friend Leon behind him (ready to jump in in case anything went wrong...) and after about 2 excruciating minutes he jumped. He thought he had more time to get his balance, but quickly hit the water with his arms spread and resounding thwack! He got up and we were all yelling at him asking if he was ok and he wasn't responding. I was almost in tears even though he was obviously moving around... and didn't calm down until I heard him say that his hands were tingling. He climbed up the cliffs and I got a very wet hug, but was still full of nervous energy for the next 15-20 minutes... maybe it will be better next year...

Important note, I did wear my new bikini from Victoria Secret and am happy to report no wardrobe malfunctions. Justin had convinced to wear it and I was a little nervous with the jumping off the cliffs and everything and although I checked myself every time before I popped out of the water, everything went smoothly! ;-)

So that about sums it up and we're all vacationed out until August 8, when we leave to go down to St. George/Arizona to go hike the narrows, see Justin's brother, and then head out to Long Beach where we'll get on a Carnival Cruise Ship and head to Mehico!!! I'll be off work for 2-1/2 weeks and I can hardly wait.

One last thing, quick shout out to a good friend who went out of her way to make me feel accepted after writing my last post. It isn't exactly easy to go against the norm and I appreciate your love and support. You've always been a great friend and I love you so much!! I need to come play with you and your boys soon.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy kids!!! I can't even do roller coasters let alone jump off cliffs! Whoa! Inspiration. Glad Justin was OK. So excited for you guys and your cruise! Lovin' your awesome bikini. I'll never be able to pull one off so I'm glad you can! Woot!

    ReplyDelete