Tuesday, April 24, 2018

13 weeks, baby #2

How far along? 13 weeks today.

Total weight gain/loss: 7 pounds up. I have had to keep my stomach full at all times in order to avoid feeling sick/throwing up.


Maternity clothes? I still fit in most of my prepregnancy clothes and maternity clothes are a little baggy, but I prefer to be comfortable so I'm home I'm in leggings and a tank and out I'm usually in maternity jeans and the top may or may not be maternity.

Stretch marks? None new. Old ones are still silvery.

Sleep: Not sleeping well at all between being uncomfortable and Cora waking.

Best moment this week: Heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time today. 

Have you told family and friends: Yup, we're public as of last week.

Movement: Nothing yet, shouldn't for at least a few more weeks.

Food cravings: Bugles, Mountain Dew, Pickles, Pho. There are others, but I can't remember. I didn't have a lot of cravings with Cora, but I've had some pretty much daily with this one.

Anything making you queasy or sick? I can't even open the fridge. Not because it's dirty, but because the food smells kill me. Sometimes even looking in the direction of the kitchen is enough to set me off. Do not mention broccoli. (GAG)

Have you started to show yet: Yes, pretty defined baby bump.

Leakage: Nope.

Gender prediction: Boy.

Labor Signs: Definitely not.

Belly Button in or out? In, for now.

Wedding rings on or off? On and still loose.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, though this week that was somewhat of a struggle.
 
Weekly Wisdom: Even if you don't want to, get up in the middle of the night to pee. I'll explain more below.

Milestones: Hearing our baby's heartbeat.
Hello, hello! I wanted to do a better job this time of keeping track of this pregnancy. I saw this weekly questionnaire I'm going to try and remember to do. I might edit for future weeks for certain things that are just redundant.
So major happenings these last couple of weeks... and this might get a little detailed. Cora's pregnancy was not super easy in some ways, but was absolutely incredible in others. I suffered severe morning sickness, throwing up around 6 times a day, until I was about 7.5 months along and still threw up occasionally from there. At 36 weeks, I had a severe allergic reaction that led doctors to believe I had this extremely rare pregnancy disease that could be very bad for baby. Luckily, it was just an allergic reaction and it went away. The birth was hard, but so, so incredible.
Now we're here. In the beginning, I thought this baby was gonna give me a break. I've had morning sickness, but usually in the evening and as long as I've done a good job all day of keeping my stomach full, not much puking. I generally puke once every 2-3 days. I can handle that, but then the stomach pain started. I developed an umbilical hernia from Cora's pregnancy and during these episodes, it felt like it was trying to escape outside of my body. Severe pain under my ribcage in my back as well, and it would kind of move all over the place. Diagnosis: Trapped Gas. Cure? Do not eat cruciferous vegetables, apples, bananas. Take probiotics and drink lemon water. Episodes would happen every couple of days to maybe once a week. Okay, I can deal.

About two weeks ago, I had the odd sensation when I was trying to relieve myself that something was coming down in my vagina. I was alarmed so I contacted my midwife and was seen. She saw a lowgrade rectocele, but nothing of concern. A few days go by and my pelvic organs are literally trying to escape my body through my vagina. I thought the worst... Pelvic organ prolapse. How do you give birth to a baby when your organs are trying to exit your body?!?! None of this made sense because I was part of a very extensive research study regarding the pelvic floor during and for a year after Cora's birth. After all their testing and measuring, it was determined that my pelvic floor was just as strong as it was before I had Cora. No issues. So why am I here?

Another issue I had been having was that it was difficult for me to go to urinate, but usually I'd get there. After a few times, my bladder might even feel empty. The was going of for about a week. And then yesterday.... oh yesterday. I woke up at 2 in the morning and went to the bathroom. Didn't feel like I got everything, but there you go. Woke up for the day around 7:30 and could not pee. Okay, if I move around for a bit, I'll be able to go. Not a big deal. 10 a.m. cannot pee.  Go to get groceries, come home - cannot pee. Put Cora down for her nap. Try cat/cow, heart to earth pose, downward dog, inversion table - nothing works and the pressure is building like crazy. It has been 12 hours since the last time I went #1. I contacted Justin and he came home to watch Cora and 
I headed to the Instacare. My phone is broken so I have no GPS, get lost on the way and have to stop at the Harmons to ask where the Instacare is. Get there, they make me wait 30 minutes for a jerk of a doctor (demeanor) to come and tell me not that they can't help me, but that they won't help me because I'm pregnant and might need an ultrasound (I didn't). So he told me that I had to go to Lone Peak Hospital. I burst into the argriest, ugliest tears ever. Drive over to Lone Peak Hospital in tears because I'm so pissed off about the way I was treated at the Instacare and the fact that now I'm looking at a much bigger bill.

At Lone Peak, I get admitted almost immediately, but I still wait probably 45 minutes or so for them to finally put a Foley catheter in me and relieve my bladder. They emptied a liter of fluid out of me. It had been 15 hours since the last time I peed despite continuing to drink. The nurse was trying to joke with me. "You're not our typical urinary retention patient. Usually it's a 75yo male with an enlarged prostate." I didn't really think it was funny. Anyway, after blood work, they sent me home with a fun little pee bag strapped to my leg with directions to followup with my midwife the next day.

I got an early appointment this morning. What was decided is that since my uterus in its natural position is tilted "the wrong way", in it's progression to get above my pubic bone and face "the right way" it caused ALL of the above problems. I don't have digestion issues, my pelvic floor is of normal tone with no rectoceles or cystoceles, and I should be able to urinate normally. Yesterday, was just when it was making it's final journey and it was sitting on top of my urethra making it impossible to urinate. She removed the catheter and sent me home with directions to drink a ton and pee a lot.
I've been doing just fine since having it removed. I feel like a new woman. Hoping things are smoother sailing from here on out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment