For the past 4 years or so, I have followed a blog, Hyberbole and a Half. It has been some time since the girl that writes this blog has posted. Her posts are usually beyond humorous, but tend to have some pretty strong language. The last blog she posted was about her depression and was about a year and a half ago. After that, she pretty much fell off the face of the earth. Today, she finally made a new post.
Since, I was about 18-years-old, I have experienced bouts of depression, some only lasting a few weeks and others months on end. To some people, these are pretty hard to explain. Most of the time, I can handle it with exercising and eating well, but there are moments when I can't even muster the motivation to try. I started feeling this way again in January and February of this year, but have come out of it.
From October 2010 to about July 2011 was the longest time of my life. I don't remember a lot about my life during this time. I don't remember much of what I spent my time doing or thinking about. I do remember feeling like I just really didn't care about anyone or anything. I can't really explain it to people or really even to myself - until this post. So, if you struggle with depression or know someone that does and you want some sort of insight into what exactly they are going through, you might want to read it.
Colorado 2019!
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment