After quite a few visits to the doctors that have been less than helpful, I have decided to take my health into my own hands.
You may also know that Justin has been experiencing some stomach problems for the last year or so as well with just as few answers as me. He has even had a CT scan for kidney stones!!! When I approached him with the idea of going paleo, he was very accepting of the idea.
So what is paleo???
A Paleo diet involves eating meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, little starch, some fruit and no sugar. It means no grains, legumes, dairy or alcohol.
So what is paleo???
A Paleo diet involves eating meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, little starch, some fruit and no sugar. It means no grains, legumes, dairy or alcohol.
That may sound pretty restrictive, but I am hoping that it will help Justin and I feel better - and if we feel better... then isn't it all worth it?
I'm hoping to keep an diary for at least the first 30 days of what I am feeling and whether or not things are getting better. .
I'm hoping to keep an diary for at least the first 30 days of what I am feeling and whether or not things are getting better. .
Here is what today is looking like:
B: Sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon
L: Steak salad from Chipolte (No rice, no cheese, or sour cream)
D: Loaded Mexican Bell Pepper Nachos
L: Steak salad from Chipolte (No rice, no cheese, or sour cream)
D: Loaded Mexican Bell Pepper Nachos
I'm feeling pretty good, though also pretty tired. I took a long nap today, but have managed to stay up passed 10 p.m... so far so good.
If you are interested in any of the recipes I list, feel free to leave me a comment and I will direct you to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment