I'm a relatively skinny girl, but I'm not a relatively tone girl and I really want to do something about it. So basically the main problem areas I'm working on are my triceps, my inner thighs, my lower abdomen, and of course those damn love handles.
I've posted a couple of videos on the sidebar that are the workouts that I'm doing in circuits (25 reps each, repeated 4 times). The arm ones are a huge struggle for me as I've never had a lot of upper body strength, but we're here to change that!
Right now, my routine consists of 30 minutes on either the stair climber, elliptical, or treadmill and then 4 sets of back arches and side bends (Don't know what else to call them).
Following that, I do the exercises from the video.
So the frustration? It's obvious that I'm getting smaller and more toned - inchwise, but my weight is staying at a number that I just consider awful (for me). I know I'm building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat, but COME ON I want to see a better number. :-D
The next fitness goal would be a half marathon. I just discussed this the other day with my brother's girlfriend, Nerissa. I'm really hoping this happens because I've had this goal in mind for over a year and haven't done anything about it. I've got a ways to go because I've only ran at most a 10k and since I've been focusing more on a core training, I'm not even sure I'd have the endurance to run a 5k right now, especially not at a respectable pace.
So there you have it. I'm gonna...
- Tone those triceps
- Beat those love handles into submission
- Get rid of the gut
- Lose the thunder thighs ... and
- Run a half marathon

No comments:
Post a Comment