Hello everyone! I'm back from Mexico! Actually, I got back on Sunday night, but have been too exhausted to do much of anything the past couple of days. The cruise was awesome, Mexico was awesome, my boy was awesome - it was a good time!
It was a 7 day cruise and we went to 2 ports. You're supposed to go to 3, but apparently Mazatlan is too crazy at the moment so we spent 2 days in Cabo San Lucas. It would have been much funner to spend 2 days in Porta Vallerta, but eh, whatever.
On the ship, we spent most of our time sitting in the sun or eating - and eating a lot. I got a little burnt the first day we stayed out in the sun, which made the next day kind of miserable, but it all worked out. We weren't big fans of the cruise line and probably won't ever go on a Carnival Cruise again (but it was still an enjoyable experience!) Justin got me a spa package on Friday and I enjoyed getting my feet rubbed, my hands massaged, a deep conditioning hair treatment, a neck and back rub, and a mini facial. All cool things, but with the facial I slightly felt like I was suffocating and had to really work to calm myself down.
In Cabo, the first day we walked around for awhile (much to mine and Justin's annoyance. It was hot and humid and we needed water, and actually wanted to do an activity rather than just walk around for hours) and then finally rented a water taxi and went to a beach called Lover's Beach. I had a slight mishap when getting off the taxi and ended up being temporarily swallowed up in the ocean. :-D On the otherside of that beach, there was a beach called Divorce Beach because the waves are so strong that lots of people have died there. Of course we had to spend some time playing in THOSE waves, but didn't go very far in. The other girl that went, Crystal and I spend time drawing our boy's names in the sand. Before going back to the cruise we asked a local to lead us to the best tacos and enjoyed that and some Mexican Fanta.
The next day in Cabo, Justin and I decided to ditch the rest of our group and went horseback riding. We drove out into the middle of nowhere and trudged through a desert until we rode along a beach on some stubborn horses. Then we had some authentic cheese quesadillas and some awesome pico de gallo before heading back to the cruise ship.
The following day we got to Porta Vallerta and it was green and beautiful, but the driving was scary! They had the smallest lines for cars and these people had no fear of hitting each other. We met a man named Helio or Elliot (his American name!) and purchased some fun up in the canopies of Porta Vallerta. First, we went ATVing down to a waterfall where of course we jumped off of it into a pool. All of the girls down there were scared, but I didn't even hesitate as I leaped off. Thanks goes to my bro :-D We rode the ATVs backup to the main area and then went ziplining. This was amazing! We were so high up and some of the ziplines were really long. It was a lot of fun and all I could think was that my dad would kill me if he saw me. On the last zipline, we rode it upside down with our feet hanging onto the handles (harnessed in of course) and they dipped us into the river. It was a lot of fun. Getting off, we rode mules back up to the main area and then headed back to the city for some Mexican seafood before taking off to the ship.
We had 2 formal nights where I wore my red dress - and on the first one I got a little bit seasick and ended up throwing up right outside the dining room (their fault for not marking their bathrooms better!). Pretty funny in retrospection, but I was awfully embarrassed when it happened.
That pretty much sums up the cruise. It was a lot of fun and I loved spending so much time with my boy. Without all the outside influences of the world, it was really easy to see how good of a relationship we have. Coming back home leads back into a busier life that seems a lot more scary, but at least I know I've got that base.
I'll be posting pictures on fb soon. We didn't take a lot, but we have some from Justin's friends that went with us as well.
Colorado 2019!
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment