Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Details


Most of you know that Justin and I met at a party almost 2 years ago.  What you may not know, is that we didn't actually talk to each other at that party because I was there on a date and Justin was the new kid, so he was just meeting a lot of people for the first time.  He still swears to this day that if he had noticed me that he would have asked for my number.  I definitely noticed him :-).
A couple of days after the party, Justin added me on Facebook since we had so many mutual friends.  He sent me a message a little while later asking me if I wanted to do something that night. I initially said no, because I had a 10k that upcoming weekend that I was training for and I was going running with my dad, but I asked for a raincheck.
The following day, Justin asked me if I had any plans again and we agreed to go down to The Gateway - and he would pick me up from my brother's place, where I was living.  Because of the streets surrounding my brother's house, there really isn't a quick and easy way to explain how to get there and once Justin showed up, he couldn't find which condo I was in, so he called me and I met him outside.  In the middle of Eric's condo complex, there is a cute little gazebo.  Justin was standing under there waiting for me and then he walked towards me and asked for a hug.  Obviously, the first date went well.

Yesterday, during the day, my sister-in-law, Nerissa, texted me to come over to hers and Eric's place to help them rearrange the living room/dining area as they just recently installed new laminate flooring.  Justin didn't get off until 6:00 from work, and Nerissa had offered to make us dinner, so I thought it would be easiest if I went over there when I got off and Justin could meet me over there later (falling right into the hands of their plans!).
I got there and we discussed their living room furniture and such and then we were just waiting for Justin.  Nerissa decided that she didn't want to cook and wanted to go to Agave instead.  I had called Justin and asked him where he was and he told me that he was just leaving work in Taylorsville, but told me that he was taking the longer way to get to Eric and Nerissa's.  I was pretty annoyed because everyone was hungry, but we continued waiting.  Justin texted me about 20 minutes later and told me that he had turned around to go get his laptop because he was going to work on our business while we were over there.  I was pretty frustrated and Eric and Nerissa started talking about leaving for Agave and having Justin meet us there.  I told them that Justin would have to drive right by the condo to go down there, so I might as well just wait for him there.  They were pretty insistent and I called Justin and told him to meet us at Agave.  We were walking out to the car - and I started heading a different way and Eric and Nerissa were heading towards the gazebo in the middle.  I turned the corner and there Justin was, down on one knee.  :-)  I started exclaiming to Nerissa and Eric, "is he really doing this?  Is he really doing this?"  and Eric just said, "Just go!"

It couldn't have been more perfect because I've mentioned to him over and over again how special that place was to me - and having Eric and Nerissa there was perfect as well because of how much my brother means to me.
As far as the ring goes, Justin designed it himself and it is beautiful.  It has one BIG diamond in the middle and then it has diamonds wrapped around it on metal, resembling a rose.  It fits my personality perfectly, but of course - he knew that.

We're looking at 12/12/12 for our wedding date since Justin and I started dating on 10/10/10.

3 comments: