On this occasion, I promise to be respectful - but I will not censor what I think. Proceed at your own risk.
Club Unicorn
I'm sure you've read or at least seen/heard of that above link. I think that this couple, this man, are incredibly brave and I admire them for it. If they are as happy and fulfilled in their relationship as they claim to be, then all the power to them. I am all for people being happy in this life. He made this choice and the wife made her choice and I don't judge them for their choices. I believe that it can work incredibly well for them and bring them fulfillment and happiness.
However, this blog post upsets me and this is why:
I'm sure you've read or at least seen/heard of that above link. I think that this couple, this man, are incredibly brave and I admire them for it. If they are as happy and fulfilled in their relationship as they claim to be, then all the power to them. I am all for people being happy in this life. He made this choice and the wife made her choice and I don't judge them for their choices. I believe that it can work incredibly well for them and bring them fulfillment and happiness.
However, this blog post upsets me and this is why:
Many people will take the above blog as a blanket statement - something saying that homosexuality can be solved by an understanding partner and yourself if you're only strong enough, true enough, pure enough, etc to withstand the temptations. It also says to people that this is the way for gay people to BE happy in this life and I do not believe that that is true. I do, however, believe that they could be happy - given that it is their choice.
Imagine that life for you as his wife. Maybe I'm not self-confident enough to be with a man who can't find me attractive sexually. Also, where is the fun in that? I agree that you can deeply love many people (man or woman), but you can only love them in a certain way. Sometimes the lustful kind of love that comes with pure attraction is exactly what you need and that can definitely be combined with a deeper, "more pure" love. His whole definition of their sex life offends me - to suggest that because you experience sexual attraction to your partner means that in that selfsame moment you can't experience a deep and meaningful connection is outrageous. Anybody can share that type of love.
Imagine that life for you as his wife. Maybe I'm not self-confident enough to be with a man who can't find me attractive sexually. Also, where is the fun in that? I agree that you can deeply love many people (man or woman), but you can only love them in a certain way. Sometimes the lustful kind of love that comes with pure attraction is exactly what you need and that can definitely be combined with a deeper, "more pure" love. His whole definition of their sex life offends me - to suggest that because you experience sexual attraction to your partner means that in that selfsame moment you can't experience a deep and meaningful connection is outrageous. Anybody can share that type of love.
Lastly, (and this where we might have to agree to disagree) homosexuality is NOT wrong. People who are gay are no more wrong in feeling an attraction to their same sex than people who are straight liking the opposite sex. It has been found in over 450 species. Animals who do not have the know-how to avoid so-called "temptation." Does that make sense to you that they would be created that way? Given no choice?
Be gay or be straight. Just live your life and let other people live theirs. If you think it is perverse or unnatural than don't do it. That is your right. Let other people have theirs.
... and we'll be back to normal programming shortly.

Perfect and true. Thanks! =)
ReplyDelete