Friday, May 4, 2012

How about some vitamin D?

So after about a year of being constantly tired... I finally went to the doctor and had some blood work done.  My thyroid is fine, I'm not anemic, but I'm extremely low on the good ol' vitamin D.

The first thing anyone says when I tell them this is "Why don't you spend some time out in the sun?"  With a few chuckles and snide remarks about how pasty white I am.  However, one lady at work informed me that her doctor told her that even if I were to run around naked, I still wouldn't get enough (she added that it might be fun, though.  :-P).

This weekend, Mista Fievel gets his shots and then we can let him play in the grass - so with a little sun soaking and a vitamin D supplement, hopefully in no time I will be good to go.

Are you low on Vitamin D?  Turns out, vitamin D deficiency mimics very closely that of a thyroid disorder including lots of dry patches on your skin, constant fatigue, and the inability to lose weight.  Don't be dumb like me, go get it checked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment