So like a year ago, at the gym - I saw this poster advertising a website called TunatheWonderfish.com. It went off a bit about how good tuna is for you. I don't know about you, but my experience with tuna is pretty much tuna fish sandwiches and Tuna Helper. My mom would also make this hot tuna mixed with Cream of Mushroom soup that we'd eat over slices of toast (which by the way, I'll totally be making with my own non processed version of Cream of Mushroom because that stuff was great!). - But the wonderfish... really? More like tuna-the poor substitute for salmon.com.
So because I want to be healthy and I want to do good things for my body, I checked it out - and forgot about it. A couple of weeks ago, I checked it out more thoroughly and decided it was awesome. The best part is... Justin LOVES tuna - and now I can more than provide.
Tonight we had this: http://tunathewonderfish.com/cookbook/recipe.php?id=41
Pretty basic, eh?
So, my question was how do I take a poor man's fish and turn it into a gourmet meal... well - like this. You'll see that I vaguely followed the recipe.
1 can (7 oz) tuna, rinsed
1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon basil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 pinches seafood seasoning
1 (10 oz) package frozen peas
1 cup half and half
2 tablespoons flour
3 (smaller) cloves of garlic
1 stalk green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Put a pot of water on to boil. Add spaghetti.
Pour olive oil in a skillet and heat. Saute onion until translucent, add garlic and green onions and cook for 1 minute. Add in 2 tablespoons flour and stir into vegetables. Once combined, pour in half and half and bring to a boil. Once thickened slightly, add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add tuna and peas and allow to heat.
Pour sauce over cooked spaghetti noodles.
Viola - delicious.
Next: http://tunathewonderfish.com/cookbook/recipe.php?id=26 I'll substitute Greek yogurt for the Mayo - and who knows what other changes I'll make... The goal is 1 tuna dish every 2 weeks. Okay - go!
Colorado 2019!
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment