Sunday, November 27, 2011

I gotta get used to this.

New job.  New schedule.  New Amy.

So, in case you haven't heard - I LURVE my new job!  Everyone has been pretty nice and for the most part I've been busy and proactive.  However, this job makes me tired in a completely different way than my old job did.  Rather than 2 a.m. working, I wake up every morning at 6:20, usually pull my hair out of a sock bun and am out the door by 6:45-6:50 to catch Trax, getting to work around 7:50.  I spend the day transcribing, mailing out said transcriptions, renewing medical licenses, and other odds and ends.  When 4:30 hits, I'm on the Trax ready to be home, but still have an hour of sitting.  I use this time to crochet (yes, I'm the crazy crochet lady on the train) or to read.  It's actually quite relaxing.
For the first 2 weeks, I couldn't possibly be grumpier.  Unused to a 40 hour work week and add 10 hours of sitting on Trax, I come home ready for bed.  Add to that the fact that Justin has been sick so I don't need much encouragement to just lie on the couch until we go to bed around 10:30 (having already took a couple of naps possibly).
My waist line is suffering!  I've decided that for the time being, you can all refer to me as "The Chunkster."

Over Thanksgiving break (yes, I got a 4-day weekend!!! Jobs where they appreciate their workers are wonderful!), I've worked out 3 times, which is ESSENTIAL to my well being.  I'm not just talking about my waistline and health, I'm talking about the crazies.

You see, I'm a worrier - and I'm very proficient at it and for SOME reason, when I don't have a place to pound out all those worries, they all seem to combine and I just being this mass of anxiety that NO ONE, not even myself wants to deal with.

So, I found a treadmill workout that I can do at the club house here at our apartment complex.  It's only 20 minutes and I think I can spare the couch, and Justin can spare 20 minutes of snuggles so that the crazy doesn't come out.

And yes, at some point I need to turn that 20 minutes into about 2 hours - cause I've got a half marathon to run... working on it!

Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't decided for sure which one I will do. Thinking about the American Fork Half. I think it's sometime in June-July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobbs, worriers? Nooooo....


    Glad you're getting into your groove!

    ReplyDelete