A couple of months ago, I went out on a girl's night with my friend Heather. We watched the movie Eat, Pray, Love. The movie was hard to sit through for a couple of reasons. One of the reasons being that it touched a lot of places in my life that I really wasn't comfortable with. I have grown in a lot of ways since that day, but a lot of things have stayed the same. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself about that fact because I'm realizing that everything in life is a process and with everything, hopefully you learn. I watched the movie again this morning because I was feeling particularly distant from myself.
Eat, Pray, Love is not an astounding movie, but its message rings loud and clear.
I wanted to write down some quotes that particularly hit me at this time in my life.
"So miss him. Send him some love and light every time you think about him, then drop it."
"Do you feel my love for you? My support for you? No. There's like nothing. I have no pulse. I used to have this appetite for my life and it is just gone."
"I've been acting like a kid since I was 15. I've either been with a guy or breaking up with a guy. I have not given myself two weeks of a breather to just deal with, ya know, myself."
"I remember an old catholic joke about a man who spent his life going to a church every day and prayed to the statue of a great saint begging "please, please, please let me win the lottery." Finally, the exasperated statue comes to life and looks down and say, "Please, please, please buy a ticket." So now I get the joke and I bought three tickets."
"God dwells within you, as you."
"Balance is not letting anyone love you less than you love yourself."
"Sometimes to lose balance for love is part of living balance in life."
"If you are brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting (which can be anything from your house to bitter old resentments) and set out on a truth-seeking journey (either externally or internally) and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue, and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher, and if you are prepared- most of all- to face (and forgive) some very difficult realities about yourself... then truth will not be withheld from you"
Colorado 2019!
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment