This morning when I headed out to my car there was a bite in the air and it was already after 11. I knew this day wouldn't get much warmer. There is something so bittersweet about putting on a jacket for the first time in the middle of the day at the end of a hot summer.
This summer was a lot of things for me. It was a time to grow up, a time to feel young, a time to remember, but also a time to forget. ...and it was a great summer.
This summer held a lot of firsts for me. Some firsts that I got to experience again and some new.
Here are some of the things I got to do this summer...
13.5 hour road trip (all by myself... well kind of) to Oregon to visit my best friend Brooke.
Going up in a small plane with Joe, trusty pilot and not even getting a little motion sick.
Piloting said plane for about a minute.
Stadium of Fire. (Carrie Underwood Rocks!)
Granduer Peak
My first tanktop.
First car accident.
My first handhold.
The first boy I fell for.
My first kiss.
Flaming Gorge (G.P.O.E.)
Co-ed campout.
Cliff Jumping.
Bells Canyon.
Rediscovering how much I love music and especially music while driving.
Wicked (Lagoon)
My first heartache.
Mountain biking the Pipeline Trail.
Cedar Express 31 mile relay race.
The first heartache I gave someone else.
As you can see, it's been a busy summer and I am sad to let it go, but there really is something about pulling on that first jacket of the season and walking out to the crisp coolness in the air. Fall is beautiful in its own way and I'm sure it too will bring a lot of new experiences.
Here's what I've got planned so far.
Timpanogos
Love Your Body 10K
Lake Blanche
Dog's Lake
Gym, gym, gym
Dancing
New long sleeve shirts and jeans!
Playing in the leaves
... and once it gets a tad bit colder and everyone is complaining about the Wintertime blues...
Snowshoeing.
I'm gonna rock it.
Colorado 2019!
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment